Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blue Mountain

Check out the Penticton Herald article on the Mavety family and Blue Mountain winery.
http://www.pentictonherald.ca/life/article_6462e14c-d5e9-11e5-8514-0f44d053f085.html

Decades ago, we said Ian had iron legs - short tight turns from top to bottom all day. Now he does the backcountry thing, just as fit as ever.

Also decades ago, I coerced some of my cabin owner friends to take their CSIA Level I course, as I badly needed instructors. Jane was one of them, and a great asset to the ski school.

One of these days I'll dig out a photo of Matt and Christie in Nancy Greene - seems like yesterday, but now they run the family business.

Great family, part of the Baldy community, and great wine.

Once upon a time, I tasted the numbered batches, before the winery became a reality.

No comments: