Saturday, November 26, 2016

Web Cams

For lack of a better term, I will refer to the event that affected a lot at Baldy as the FJ Fiasco. In the basement of the lodge, was a rack of "boxes, wires, and flashing lights." Phones, computers, and webcams went through that hub.

During the FJ Fiasco, some of that installation was dismantled, removed, and I am not certain that it was all recovered. When intact, Kevin and I knew how to reset the webcams if they went off line in the summer.

Had that installation been untouched, I'm sure that MMT could have had the webcams up and running in the summer.

At this moment in time, I do not know what Joey's plans are - whether a tech will be brought in to create a whole new system, or whether he is waiting until MMT has time to unravel the mess. ( I don't think that will happen any time soon)

Everyone has been working flat out, long hours, to get the essentials up and running. Yes I know everyone wants a webcam, but more importantly, the lifts are ready and so are the groomers.

I have not asked anyone about webcams, because I see them very busy, and looking tired.

1 comment:

Campking said...

Hi, I asked about the Webcams and here is the response, which to me is good news.

Hi Greg,

Yes we will be having webcams again. We had to take them down from some of the structures that required maintenance as

well as make sure our webcams were still viable in case we needed to purchase new equipment.

Cheers!














Dorene Sheets






Baldy Mountain Resort
www.skibaldy.com


info@skibaldy.com


250.498.4086