- BC Wildfire urging all to put together an emergency kit and make an evacuation plan.
- Cache Creek residents will start a coordinated return home this afternoon after 11 days of evacuation
- Australian team arriving tomorrow are not front line fighters, they are specialists. They are coming from a jurisdiction where their wildfire management is very similar to that of BC, and basically they can step into management jobs here without a lot of retraining. There is a long standing relationship between BC and this group, and resources have been exchanged several times in previous years.
- Canadian Armed Forces are replacing RCMP at road blocks to free up more RCMP to patrol and deal with the ongoing problems with looting in evacuated areas.
- Biggest factor in fire danger - the weather.
- fires deliberately set
- people still tossing cigarette butts and lighting campfires
- off road enthusiasts ignoring trail and back country closures
- Story on CBC yesterday - Tim Hortons in Williams Lake is open to serve RCMP and firemen - staffed by owner and family, with a little help from their law enforcement customers