Saturday, October 10, 2026

When I was 17..........

I had a summer job in the office of the Osoyoos Plant of Oliver Osoyoos Co-op. The highlight of my day was walking through the plant to collect paperwork. The receiver then was a kind and quiet man who efficently unloaded and loaded trucks, and issued receipts with the fruit weight. He was close to retirement then, and I was impressed at how easily he transitioned from the old hand written receipts to a computer. Eventually I had my own office at the plant - now the lake side of Boston Pizza in Osoyoos.

Later, I got to know his daughter and family when they bought a cabin up here. I was delighted last night to catch up with Carl unloading the van for a family Thanksgiving weekend. Those moments are rare now, as so many of the village cabins have changed hands.

No comments: