It is hard to say "goodbye" to a guy who has given 7 years to Baldy. Brandan has built a good core team, improved operations, and reestablished a good relationship with the community.
Did you know that he at times slept in his car to attend courses and conferences that provided direct benefit to Baldy?
Brandan and his young family bought a house in Oliver, and I was hoping we would be able to keep him.
We wish him well with new challenges and better compensation.
Brandan will be here Saturday morning - I hope he is still here when we get back from Marion Boyd's memorial service. He had left when I went looking for him this afternoon.
We aren't the only ones sad to see him moving on - the four grandparents of his daughter all live in Penticton.
Excerpt from BMR Facebook
"After seven seasons at Baldy, Brandan Datoff is heading off to his next adventure as General Manager of Revelstoke Transfers. We’re grateful for everything he’s done for the mountain and our community, and we wish him all the best in his new role!"

No comments:
Post a Comment