Thursday, September 26, 2024

McKinney Road - Community

AIM has done an awesome job of debris clean up on the road. Many thanks to all the volunteers who helped open the road to single lane slalom.

The only good thing I can say about the road adventure, is that we got it open for Parker to get home in time to take his daughter to dance class.

Thank you to all who stopped - well actually we had no choice but to stop.





This one I tackled with my pruning chainsaw, and some help from a young couple. 


We knew we needed a bigger saw when we came upon the larch.
 Thanks to the guys from Sunrise Restoration for you chainsaw and truck work on this one.

This guy was amazing backing up a truck and trailer, while pulling a tree section, and avoiding his second truck parked behind.

I thought an early bird may get the larch this morning, but it is still there.

Harvey has a new decoration on his parking shed.

Thanks to Harvey, Isabelle, and another vehicle working their way up, and Parker and the Sunrise guys on the biggest tree.

On my way back up, there were more trees down, a couple for me to cut, and help from Greg pulling some smaller chunks of trees off the road.

AIM told me they had a "ton of calls" about the trees down, and there was a crew coming up. I didn't see the crew, or what equipment they brought up, but this morning the debris fields are removed from the road surface, and the road is two lanes.


No comments: