Thursday, September 26, 2024

Power still out, a couple of nasty storms yesterday.....

There were several lightning strikes in the village. A tree near the "Crowsnest" was hit, fell on the power lines and caught fire. Some people in the upper village experienced  brown out and fluctuating power for around 20 minutes.

I have not read the Facebook feeds, The latest Fortis recording says estimated  repair 8:00pm tonight.

I chose to go to Oliver this morning to take my frozen food down, and to get connected.

I went to the Fortis offices. They were "hammered" yesterday, they have a helicopter flying all the current outage areas, and they have crews coming from "all over". 

I talked about the 20 minutes of unstable power - Fortis can not shut down the village remotely, so they shut down the whole feeder line.

The Fortis guy said they might have been able to send someone up right away if they knew there was a tree on fire on the line................

Then comes the next issue - while Susanne, Randal and others were putting out the fire, I was down the road in a group cutting trees to open up McKinney Road.


Top end of snapped line.

No comments: