Sunday, May 14, 2023

Tomato Experiment Number 4

I've owned my lot for 50 years, and have had this cabin for 45 years. I've tried to grow things from time to time. The most successful has been chives. After several years of tossing the bucket off the deck in December, and finding a healthy plant at snow melt, I planted them in the ground.

My first attempt at tomatoes was in the native soil, the plant did not change from the day I planted it to the October day I pulled it out. One year I planted tomatoes in pots in the valley, and brought them up here toward the end of July. I was able to harvest tomatoes for about 2 weeks.

I tried cherry tomatoes in my aerogarden one winter - I picked two or three before I transplanted them at the community garden in Oliver.

Trial number 4. This one might work as long as I don't get tired of putting the pots out, and bringing them back in.


 

No comments: