Thursday, July 25, 2024

A little disappointed...........


For many years, I have had to recruit help to get my roof sprinkler up in the spring, and down in the fall. When I saw the "Ember Armour" kits, I was interested as they are built to be permanently mounted on the structure and are self draining . The brackets are powder coated stainless steel, and the kit includes a forestry type hose and the brackets to attach the hose to the fascia or soffit.

Pressure loss is an issue for two sprinklers. I have increased pressure by replacing the old frost free tap, and having a kind friend wriggle under the bathroom floor to reach and adjust the home water pressure regulator.

I am now on the fourth set of sprinkler head types, and just can't get enough pressure with two sprinklers on. I have already imposed on family and friends many times with this experiment.

I am considering going back to my old frame, if it is still available - I gave it away.

I have 74psi at the hose bib, it drops to 36 with one sprinkler on , and around 26 with two on. If  you have decent pressure and are interested, one of these units may work for you.

If you are interested, we can talk. I would need ladder help to get them down.

https://westernwildfire.ca/shop/ols/products/ember-armor-wildfire-protection-sprinkler 

No comments: