Tuesday, July 28, 2026

FireSmart, an ongoing process

Fred and Ethel passed a long time ago. I tend to think of the cabin as theirs, even though the next generation has owned it for some time now. 

The owners were here for four days doing a number of projects, and I helped where I could. I think we all got a little of our work ethic from Ethel, who was known to wheel 17 wheelbarrow loads of pine needles a day at her Willowbrook home.

Ethel would be stunned by the price of paint and other materials. If she is looking down on us, she would be pleased with the work that was done.

A Facebook post brought Jax out to help on Sunday - great kid, hard worker.

Monday we hauled pine needles in the 14ft dumpbox trailer, and my trailer loaded with branches with the overflow in the back of their truck. Total weight 1140kg

Tipping fees at Rock Creek for the dump box and pick-up were $54.00, and for my trailer, $4.50.

Best part was the comaradarie of the team, and meals shared. Late lunch yesterday was at the Prospector - first time I have been in there for years - facility is great, and the food was excellent.

No comments: