Friday, July 24, 2026

We have had worse..........

That was quite the storm last night. It is not the worst we have experienced. Several years ago a strike occured in what is now Scott's lot at the ski hill end of Porcupine and Blue Jay. It had been a healthy spruce, and dried out chunks of it were found as far away as the Eagle Chair.

That one was so loud and close, I thought it was at my place.

The ground is still wet, but my deck is already dry. It sounds like we did not get as much moisture.

I will take a look around later, and I would not be surprised if a heli flies over for a look this morning. 

To report a wildfire, use the BC Wildfire app, or call the reporting centre:

To report a wildfire or irresponsible behaviour that could start a wildfire in British Columbia, please call 1 800 663-5555 or (*5555 from a cell phone) as soon as possible.

No comments: