Multiple unofficial reports are saying that one of the big fires in the North Okanagan was caused by an ATV rollover that seriously injured the resident. The field ignited around the machine, and spread very fast.
Our area is currently rated as "high" fire danger, even though our senses at this elevation may not agree.
Be mindful with everything you do.
- Don't park your vehicle on dry grass
- atv's/dirt bikes - spark arrestors and stay on established trails
- if you must smoke, do so on gravel or pavement, and take your butt with you
I am in the mode of not comfortable being away from home much, and when I do go to town, I take my laptop and other hard drives with me.
Reminder that the fire of 2021 was human caused just north of Osoyoos Lake.
Respect and thanks to all the personnel involved in fighting the fires.
No comments:
Post a Comment