Friday, September 25, 2026

Globe and Mail Wants me to subscribe

I looked at the article twice, so have exceed my free limit, and I am not going to subscribe to the Globe.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canadians-are-in-the-dark-about-their-wildfire-risk/?utm_source=Shared+Article+Sent+to+User&utm_medium=LinkCopy&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links 

The  above article talks about how quickly Doug pivoted from flagging a line for heavy equipment, to knocking on doors telling people to get out.

Notes from Doug about the Summerland Fire.

After 2017 I thought ok that was the wildest of my career then 2018, 2021, 2023 and now 2026 topped them all.

Not sure where this is headed.

This fire behaviour was 100% fuel driven. The weather was not extreme at all. I just talked with the fire behavior scientist studying it and he said it appears were two counter rotating fire tornadoes in the plume well ahead of the main fire. 

We were prepping for the burnover 2 km ahead of the main fire and were uncomfortably hot.


No comments: