Saturday, July 6, 2024

Do people on holidays leave their brains at home?

Castanet has a number of motor vehicle incidents posted for today. One between Manning and Princeton apparently involves 4 vehicles and an RV. I am not surprised. In the last four days, I have not been any further than Oliver or Westbridge, but have seen way too many incidents of dangerous driving. I am tempted to download from my dash cam.

The light by the car wash in Oliver - I was second, the third or fourth vehicle in line drove up on the sidewalk to pass us on the right, then had to stop for a red light after pulling across the path of car #1.

I came very close to being struck by a Dodge Ram in the crosswalk coming out of Canadian Tire in Oliver. The truck was stopped, and decided to proceed while I was right in front of him. It is amazing how fast one can run/jump when you have to.

Pulling on to Highway 33 this afternoon from the Kettle River Park - I am towing the trailer, the truck is in the lane, the trailer is still in the turn. Two vehicles are behind me on the park road leading to the Hwy. The car behind me is following, a jerk pulls out around the car behind me and guns his way by on the wrong side of the road. That was of course just before I braked and pulled on to the shoulder to allow a high speed car to get back in front of me instead of a head on.

It doesn't seem to matter what speed an RV is travelling, some drivers just have to pass now as soon as they see an RV.

No comments: