Tuesday, August 6, 2024

How many city guys does it take to find an address?

Hindsight - wish I had texted to let Bentley out, and/or turned on the talking function on the Wyze cam.


 
Why did he run up the driveway of a darkened house with a vehicle in the driveway?

Where was he for almost 6 minutes?

I hit the lock button on the truck key fob which flashed the lights, but did not flush him out. I hesitated to hit the panic button as that would have certainly wakened the guys down the street working early shift.

They weren't behaving in a clever way if they had bad intentions - there were lights on in houses next door on both sides.

I finally confronted a guy standing at the bottom of the driveway. They were looking for 185. I walked part way up the street with him and pointed out the homes with lights, and that 185 was on the other side of the last house with lights.

I got the feeling they had never been out of a city.

There is indeed a car parked outside 185 this morning.

In some communities, local fire departments arrange a deal on glow in the dark house number signs. I am aware of a couple of times an ambulance has had difficulty locating an address in the village.

My reflective sign is mounted pretty high so it can be seen in winter.

No comments: